What are first date questions that will get you a second date? Your First Date with someone new can be nerve-wracking, to say the least. You could be worried about awkward silences or a lack of conversation topics or even saying the wrong thing. Never fear; we’ve got you covered.
Follow our guideline of questions to avoid on a first date for an evening filled with engaging conversation and laughter.
Most importantly, remember to relax and have fun.
On a First Date Do Ask:
1. Where did you grow up, what was the experience like?
2.What’s your family like? Who are you closest to?
3. What aspirations are you working towards achieving?
4. What’s something you’re really proud of?
5. How do you like to spend your weekends?
6. Do you have any pet peeves?
7. What’s your favorite movie or book and why?
8. What kind of activities are you interested in? (E.G. Sports, visiting museums, going to concerts, etc.)
9. Where have you traveled so far? Where else would you like to go?
10. What’s your biggest passion?
These first date questions will give you a lot of insight into who this person is, their lifestyle, their interests, and their desires.
1. Political hot-button questions
2. Why their last relationship didn’t work out
3. Questions about personal finances and wealth
4. Asking about personal health issues or going to into depth about yours
5. Pointed questions about religion that could feel intrusive
If the date ends up becoming something real, these deeper questions will come up organically. For the first date however, keep your first date questions light and focus on getting to know one another, determining your attraction towards each other, and whether you’d like to see each other again. You want to make sure your date will be dreaming you not having a nightmare! A First Date can be like a job interview, you never get a second chance to make a first impression. First Date questions can make or break your date!